Join us on for this seminar to embark on an ambitious project to ‘move the needle’ by understanding the barriers faced by women in the legal industry and create opportunities to address them in an action-oriented and collaborative way.
A seminar delivered by Christina Blacklaws, the former President of the Law Society of England and Wales.
– Women have represented 60% of new entrants into law
– As of 2017 the majority are practising solicitors
– Comprise only 28% of partners in private practice
The seminar will cover:
- Introduction – 100 years of women in Law
- Unconscious bias – Identified as the most significant barrier preventing women from reaching senior/leadership positions
- Males as agents for change – Gender equality affects everyone, and male champions are key as agents for delivering change
- Best Practice – What works? best practice tools for inclusion and empowerment
- Closing remarks & Call for Action
- Interactive Q&A session / Roundtable Discussion
- Local leaders showcasing successes in this space